The Pulse is an international content creation company
at the forefront of technological innovation.
Our business is growing and we’re on the hunt for talented people to join the team. Here’s what it takes to work at The Pulse.
When you’re not sure, you ask why. When you’re intrigued, you investigate. And if there’s a chance to learn and grow, you’ll jump at it. When it comes to finding new and exciting ways to create something spectacular, we see ourselves as restless explorers, and we want you to be one too.
If you like dreaming, thinking, tinkering, making, producing, building, designing, editing, refining, animating, analysing, revising, crafting, reflecting and perfecting, you might just be a good fit. We love creating stuff, and all the weird and wonderful steps involved.
Camaraderie is putting your hand up when the call beckons. It’s pitching in beyond your remit and never being too big for any task. It’s empowering everyone around you to be their very best. Collaboration is at the core of The Pulse’s DNA, so we’re after great team players. If this sounds like you, get in touch with us. We’d love to hear from you.
Senior Video/Digital Producer – Sydney
On offer is one of the most challenging and exciting roles in our company, the Senior Creative Producer. This role is for a brave, fearless, technology-sharp visual content producer who has an extensive track record in delivering narrative driven visual content in immersive environments, including events, digital and interactive. The role is not suitable for a traditional digital producer.
You will be able to mould any brief into a shape that is not only achievable but is also well communicated to your team and the client.
No two days are the same at The Pulse and nearly every brief requires new thinking and new solutions. If you are a detail person with a creative heart; if you can walk the tightrope of team player and enforcer; and if you want to be part of one of the fastest growing new content companies, then we would like to meet you.
The Pulse has story telling at its heart with animation and technology as its tools of the trade. We are a dynamic, flexible and friendly organisation that places collaboration, teamwork and mutual respect at the heart of everything we do.
- Ability to develop a clear and concise brief by proactively suggesting creative options to client
- Ability to meet time deadlines, set project budgets, and control project quality
- Ability to interpret client requirements and convert into functional specifications
- Develop and manage positive relationships with clients and production partners
- Accurately estimate, plan and allocate resources to ensure profitability
- Identify new opportunities with existing clients and new technologies
- Work closely with our technical team to develop appropriate workflows
- Resource and manage teams of any size to completion of project
- Maintain great client relationships and look for opportunities to grow their business
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience as a senior digital content producer producing high-end video, film, animation and interactive projects with a thorough understanding the workflows to achieve them
- Experience with mobile, social and responsive projects
- Digital strategy, design, campaign and technology experience
- Project management skills and experience
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Excellent attention to detail and documentation skills
Please apply online using the button below, including your current resume and a link to your reel.
Motion Graphics Designer- Sydney
On offer is one of the most challenging and exciting roles in our company – Motion Graphics Designer. We are seeking the best of the best after-effects designer, animator and creative thinker. We want you to join us in producing spectacular content for 3D projection mapping to virtual reality, interactive and other forms of immersive media.
While the role has a definite hands-on focus, it is also an opportunity for a senior creative looking to take a leadership role on major projects working closely with our award-winning Creative Director, the opportunities are significant.
The Pulse is unique in it’s offering, and you’ll find the variety of projects intriguing and exciting. We are a team-focused company that believes in collaboration, mutual respect and doing whatever it takes to make “it” happen. If you’re ready to invest your skills in a company that will allow you to grow as far and as fast as possible, then you’re our dream candidate.
Your responsibility is to:
• Ensure a constant world class standard of design and animation on all jobs you work on
• Generate ideas and communicate them through the execution of high-quality style frames and visuals
• Create, execute and deliver motion graphics within a given time-frame
• Understand post-production workflows to ensure each job is approached in the most flexible, streamlined way possible
• Work in collaboration with external creative directors and clients to help bring their vision to life
• Must be able to multi-task, be capable of briefing other designers and provide clear and structured art direction where necessary
• Pitching and presenting to clients
• Work with facilities manager and producers to set production schedules
Your Skills and Abilities:
• At least 5 years experience as a senior motion graphics designer
• Expert level in After Effects and the Adobe Creative Cloud suite
• A strong design eye and intuitive sense of timing
• Expertise in Cinema 4D or Maya is highly desirable as is an understanding of Nuke
• Experience with large format screens and projection mapping for live events is essential
• Excellent grammar and spelling
• Consciously aware of the latest software and design trends whilst seeking the means to integrate them into the company’s workflow.
Please read the qualifications for this position carefully. We will only consider those who meet all the criteria listed above and who have a show reel as part of their application.
Junior Compositor/AFX – Sydney
We are looking for a keen, talented and motivated natural born technical enthusiast to join our team.
Working on 360 films, AR, VR and large screen content, you will get the chance to hone your skills in compositing, after-effects and general animation.
You will be working with the best in the industry in design, animation and project and technical development.
• Proficiency in building After Effects compositions from the ground up.
• Intermediate understanding of 3D texturing, modelling and lighting
• Intermediate understanding of compositing methods
• Creative with timing and colour
• Work well within the team
• Work hard and have a can-do attitude.
• Able to take directions and work independently
• Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
• Able to multitask and prioritize
• Good at improvising and problem solving
• Thrive in a high-pressure, deadline-oriented environment
• Degree/diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience
Freelance Motion Graphics Artist – Sydney
It’s Spring in Sydney and the weather is perfect. And just you wait for summer.
Are you planning a trip down-under? Are you also hoping to find some work at one of the top creative companies in Sydney? Well you’re in luck.
We are looking for some top rung motion graphics designers and animators to spend some time with our family here in Crows Nest. We can provide a great atmosphere, a great team and some great creative challenges.
You’ll have at least 6 years experience in after effects and the whole Adobe Suite. Maya or Cinema 4D skills are a must. Experience working on large screens, projection mapping, and crazy resolutions will put you at the top of the list. We’re looking for people who can use their experience to create workflows that are efficient and productive, who can bring passion, vision and enthusiasm to our team and who like the occasional long lunch in the sun.
And who knows, if you we fall in love with each other, we might just have a long term future together.
Please apply online using the button below with the Job Title as the subject heading.